MI2: ALBUM REVIEW

M.I.2 FrontCover2 Album Review: M.I. – MI2

So the long awaited, eagerly anticipated, much hyped MI2 album has finally dropped! You should have seen the madness on twitter pre and post droppage(?) of the album… Heard #MI2 even trended worldwide on twitter (at #8)…  Maybe there is an MI2 movie coming out, don’t know, but it was only an album that dropped. The concept of the album though is pretty much a movie, and I absolutely luv it. I like the whole Waje thing going on, she plays M.I.’s love interest.. And Dr SID as a real doctor lol.. and then the baddest bad guy Mustapha.. Classic!

Mr. Incredible did not fail to deliver the goods on this album please! Honestly if you sit down to listen to this guy’s lyrical wordplay you will definitely agree that he is indeed a ‘Microphone Magician’ because normal people cannot do it like he does. And did you hear the song ‘Beef’?? I mean I was feeling the joint so much i had to extract a portion for y’all.

“See musicians tryna beef me for real son/maybe they doin it to promote their album/they know that using my name will help them sell some/so Iceberg is alright your welcome/but I’m not in their league help me tell them/the super eagles don’t play against the falcons/see wor wor pikin dey form handsome/kelechukwu clap for yourself, well done” 
#NuffSaid
 
Tracks to watch out for on the album: Beef, Number One ft. Flavour, Craze, Action Film, One Naira and almost all the others lol.
But was this album overrated? Did M.I. really give us something we hadn’t already seen from him? Don’t get me wrong, M.I. is a hot contestant for the best rapper in the whole continent. But that is not an excuse to shy away from constructive criticism. Now MI2 is a hot album, we all agree to that (no?.. transformer). But the hotness of this album is the same hotness that M.I. has brought to all his other appearances. This does not mean, in any way that I did not enjoy the album, I’ve been rocking to it since it came out and I’m not even stopping anytime now, but it didn’t give me as much ‘wow’ as I thought I would get. I was kinda expecting to hear something that would make me go “damn I didn’t know this guy had [this] or could do [that]“, but instead I was saying “Yes boss! M.I. killed it again”. And there is nothing wrong with that, but its just like soccer players… When they have scored enough goals, they begin to score goals WITH STYLE. Mr. Incredible has “Scored” enough hits, I believe its time for him to add a few more leg-overs, flying headers, and bicycle-kicks to his already baddass style.

Also, as much as I enjoyed all the movie skits in the album, I would love a version of the album that has those skits cut out please. When I’m bumping this album in my ride on the way to the clubs, I’d rather hear non-stop music than have Mustapha and the gang interrupting me for over a minute on almost all the tracks. I mean, I couldn’t even fit the whole album on a regular blank CD when I got it. Had to start choosing which songs to drop, and on this album there are VERY FEW songs one would want to remove.
All in all, the album is a must-get for all lovers, beefers (Suya sellers and retailers), and the very few in between!

Grade: 8.5/10

What do you think?..

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...