I didn't act a **** scene-Tonto Dike


You’ll recall that Tonto Dike has been under virulent criticism for acting a “**** scene” in Dirty Secret. Many accuse her of debasing African culture while others said “… she was only being professional…”.
Tonto hasn’t spoken on the whole saga but on Twitter last week, we got her respond to some questions and one major argument she put up was her being professional. According to her “…all I know is that I’m asked to interpret a character in a story and I do my best to achieve that. That is my job…”.

However, respected Nollywod actor, Charles Okafor thinks differently as he believes that “… lack of fear of God is responsible for such tendency among actors adding that when we overreach the barricade of decency, propriety, fear of God and decorum , actors hide behind the deceptive veneer of professionalism…may Nollywood not transmute to ****wood. You may wish to have Tonto call me…” he said.
But Tonto said she didn’t act a **** scene . “Seriously Sam, of the over 30 movies I’ve been in, in how many did I act **** scenes? Maybe the question we should ask is, what is the universally accepted definition of a “**** scene”? I’ve never done a**** scene and I doubt the NFVCB would approve a movie with any lewd scene. All I know is I’m asked to interpret a character in a story and I do my best to achieve that. That is my job”, she said.

•Watch out for a full interview next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...